HomeBREAKING NEWSX (Formerly Twitter) Down: Thousands Report Major Outage On Elon Musk’s Platform

X (Formerly Twitter) Down: Thousands Report Major Outage On Elon Musk’s Platform

Published on

X (Formerly Twitter) Down: The Elon Musk-owned social media platform X experienced a global outage on Saturday, affecting users in India as well. Many were unable to log in or load new posts during the disruption.

Thousands of users experienced disruptions while trying to access X (formerly Twitter) due to a widespread outage, as reported by the monitoring site Downdetector. Users faced difficulties with the mobile app, website, and logging in. About 41% were unable to log in, another 41% reported app malfunctions, and 18% had issues with the website.

This incident marks the second outage within 24 hours. On Friday, a major disruption had already prevented millions from using the platform. In India, many users also reported being unable to load the site. Globally, over 5,000 users flagged problems through Downdetector. The platform has not yet provided an official explanation for the cause.

X Engineering acknowledged the issue in a post, stating that the platform was facing a data center outage and their team was actively working on a fix. “X is aware that some users are facing performance issues. Our team is working continuously to resolve the data center outage,” the post read.

Earlier in March, Elon Musk disclosed that a large-scale cyberattack targeted X, affecting millions of users worldwide, including those in India. The platform suffered a significant global outage, making it inaccessible to many.

“We face attacks daily, but this one was highly coordinated and resource-intensive. It likely involved a large group or even a nation,” Musk said in a post. He described it as an ongoing cyberattack aimed at silencing both him and the platform.

Musk acquired X in October 2022 for $44 billion. Since then, the platform has remained mostly stable compared to competitors like Facebook and Instagram.
(With inputs from IANS)

Get Latest News Live on MTIMES along with Breaking News and Top Headlines, World News and around The World.

You May Like

Trending Searches Today |

Watch Raid 2 Trailer: Ajay Devgn, Riteish Deshmukh Set For Epic

Bestseller #1
  • DYNAMIC ISLAND COMES TO IPHONE 15 — Dynamic Island bubbles up alerts and Live Activities — so you don’t miss them while …
  • INNOVATIVE DESIGN — iPhone 15 features a durable color-infused glass and aluminum design. It’s splash, water, and dust r…
  • 48MP MAIN CAMERA WITH 2X TELEPHOTO — The 48MP Main camera shoots in super-high resolution. So it’s easier than ever to t…
₹59,900
Bestseller #2
  • 15 cm (6.1-inch) Super Retina XDR display
  • Cinematic mode adds shallow depth of field and shifts focus automatically in your videos
  • Advanced dual-camera system with 12MP Wide and Ultra Wide cameras; Photographic Styles, Smart HDR 4, Night mode, 4K Dolb…
Bestseller #3
  • BUILT FOR APPLE INTELLIGENCE — Apple Intelligence is the personal intelligence system that helps you write, express your…
  • TAKE TOTAL CAMERA CONTROL — Camera Control gives you an easier way to quickly access camera tools, like zoom or depth of…
  • GET FURTHER AND CLOSER — The improved Ultra Wide camera with autofocus lets you take incredibly detailed macro photos an…

Share Market

Sensex Rebounds Today as Reliance Lifts Markets

Sensex rebounds today after Reliance Industries sparks late buying. See what traders should watch next in Indian markets.

Iran Stock Market Reopens After 80-Day Shutdown, Sensex and Nifty Stay Volatile

Iran reopened its stock market after 80 days of war shutdown as Sensex and Nifty reacted cautiously to Middle East tensions.

More like this

Pakistan Forces Kill 23 Terrorists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Operations

Pakistani security forces killed 23 terrorists during multiple operations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the military said.

Six Killed After Bus Rams Auto-Rickshaw in Odisha’s Ganjam

Six people, including two children, died after a bus hit an auto-rickshaw in Odisha’s Ganjam district. Read full details.

Delhi Opens New Ration Card Applications After 13-Year Gap

Delhi government reopened new ration card applications after 13 years with a fully digital verification system for eligible families.