- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that banks will be closed for a total of 18 days in the month of August.
New Delhi: Banks will be closed for a total of 18 days in the month of August. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced bank closures on several days in August. Most of the holidays will affect the entire country.
Let us tell you that in August there are many festivals like Muharram, Raksha Bandhan, Independence Day, Krishna Janmashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi, on which banks will not work. Apart from this, the second and fourth Saturdays along with Sundays will be closed due to weekly holidays. Combined with these weekly holidays, banks are going to be closed for 18 days in August.
One thing is very common in the month of August. Because the festivals that fall in August are celebrated all over the country. What often happens is that bank holidays will affect the entire country. Therefore, those who have to do their bank-related work in the month of August should go out of their homes after seeing the holiday list. However, now most of the work is done by the bank on an online basis. But despite this, many such things happen. Which is difficult to do without going to the bank.
List of region wise bank holidays:
- August 1: Drupka She-ji (bank closure in Sikkim)
- August 7: First Sunday (weekly holiday)
- August 8: Muharram (bank closure in Jammu and Kashmir)
- August 9: Muharram (bank closures in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur and Ranchi)
- August 11: Rakshabandhan (holiday everywhere)
- August 12: Rakshabandhan (Kanpur-Lucknow Bank Closure)
- August 13: Second Saturday (weekly holiday)
- August 14: Sunday (weekly holiday)
- August 15: Independence Day
- August 16: Parsi New Year (banks closed in Mumbai-Nagpur)
- August 18: Janmashtami (holiday everywhere)
- August 19: Janmashtami Shravan Vada-8/Krishna Jayanti (Bank closure in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Gatna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar)
- August 20: Krishna Ashtami (Hyderabad)
- August 21: Sunday (weekly holiday)
- August 27: Fourth Saturday (weekly holiday)
- August 28: Sunday (weekly holiday)
- August 29: Shrimant Shankardev Tithi (Guwahati)
- August 31: Ganesh Chaturthi (bank closure in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka)