HomeBREAKING NEWSWatch: Tanishq withdrew its ad after protests on social media, what was...

Watch: Tanishq withdrew its ad after protests on social media, what was it about?

Published on

Mumbai : Jewelery brand Tanishq on Tuesday withdrew its ad for families of two different religions. Tanishq withdrew its advertisement after protests on social media, with some accusing him of promoting “love jihad” and “fake secularism.”

Last week, Tanishq published an advertisement promoting his jewelry collection, Ekatvam, and has been embroiled in controversy ever since. #BoycottTanishq has started trending hashtags on Twitter about this ad. In a 43-second advertisement, a pregnant woman was carried by a woman for her baby shower ceremony. Later, people realized that the woman who was taking her was her mother-in-law.

The controversy over the ad began and the Tata brand began to tweet to ban advertising. Tanishq first withdrew comments and likes and dislikes on his YouTube ad and withdrew the video on Tuesday.

“We are deeply saddened and are withdrawing this advertisement in view of the tactics of our employees, partners and store staff,” Tanishq’s spokesman said in a statement. . ”

A new debate has erupted on Twitter over the withdrawal of ads. It included Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, writer Chetan Bhagwat and actress Swara Bhaskar. Actress Dibya Dutt, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak to the media, said it was “disappointing” that the jewelry brand had withdrawn.

Share Market

DIIs Raise Indian Equity Share to Record 17%: SEBI

SEBI says domestic institutional investors raised their Indian equity share to a record 17%, while FPI ownership fell to a 15-year low.

More like this

US-Canada Trade War Flares as 50% Tariffs Hit

US Canada trade war escalates after talks collapse, with 50% US tariffs and matching Canadian retaliation. Check the latest developments.

TV Advertisement Cap Removed by Central Government

TV advertisement cap removed as Centre amends Cable Television Rules. Find out why the 12-minute limit was scrapped and what changes now.

NTPC Kaniha Explosion Injures Five Workers

NTPC Kaniha explosion injures five workers at Unit-1 bunker. Three received first aid, while two were shifted to Bhubaneswar for further care.